2015년 6월 8일 월요일

Reading Reflection #1. Designing CALL Programs and Activities

   When I teach my students in my classroom I often use some computer tools like presentation programs, word processors, sound recording and editing tools. I think they help learners to remember, comprehend, apply, and reflect on information. I consider that how my materials can be more effective to my students. After reading the journal I got information about my worry. There are some considerations for the design of CALL programs, pedagogy first and technology second, computer interactivity and pedagogical interactivity. When creating CALL programs, it would be important to remember that the element that is in control at all times should be the pedagogy, rather than technology. Technical considerations are also important, but without good-quality content and good pedagogical support, the use of advanced technology does not guarantee the success of computer-assisted learning materials. To create a multimedia CALL program it would be essential to consider: the target learners, the language level of the learners, the purpose of the program, the pedagogical approach, the appropriate use of technology, and the learning context etc. CALL programs design principles include lots of useful information for designing my materials. First, content design would be considered brevity, comprehensibility, accuracy, interest, and organization. Second, visual design should include consistency, good use of space, legibility, careful use of color, contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.  Third, navigation design should provide easy and clear navigation and information for recovery if users get into trouble. Also, multimedia design should be considered high-quality playback and media file size. I will apply this rule to my call materials.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기